Call for Papers: 2nd Workshop on
Computational Intelligence for Personalization
in Web Content and Service Delivery (CIWP'10)
Scope of the workshop
Today, the explosion of multimedia content and available services
prompts the need for more effective Web systems, that
allow users to retrieve the right information and/or service at the right time
in the right way. Personalized retrieval is a promising research direction
devoted to enhance information retrieval and service customization by
exploiting explicit user requests combined with implicit user preferences. User
preferences are complex, heterogeneous, changing, and even contradictory.
Moreover, information retrieval process is characterized by vagueness of
queries and approximation in the comparison between the query content and the
information in the database. Computational Intelligence (CI) provides valid
tools to cope with the complexity in the mechanisms underlying Web content and
service delivery personalization. Indeed, CI encloses different computing
paradigms that work synergistically to exploit the tolerance for imprecision,
uncertainty, approximate reasoning, and partial truth in order to provide
flexible information processing capabilities and low-cost solutions. Due to
these characteristics, CI techniques are suitable to deal with the imprecision
and vagueness inherent a personalized information retrieval system. Recently,
many researchers have addressed their interest towards the benefits of CI for
personalization in Web information retrieval systems. This represents a
promising direction to improve the effectiveness of such systems and to make
them adaptive and more flexible.
We invite prospective authors to submit papers
that propose the use of CI techniques to advance the technology in the field of
Web personalization, with special focus on information retrieval and service
delivery. Original contributions are solicited in the following topics (but are
not limited to):
- User behaviour modelling
- Context-Aware Browsing
- Automated techniques for user profiling
- Web mining for personalization
- Data models for Web usage, content and structure data
- Collaborative and content based filtering
- Clustering in personalization systems
- Hybrid personalization systems
- Adaptive user interfaces and personalization techniques
- Personalized search
- Context-aware Search
- Service delivery personalization
- Intelligent Context-Aware Services Delivery
- Explanation and justification in personalization systems
- Modelling decision making in personalization systems
- Measuring personalization effectiveness
Instructions for Authors
Papers must correspond to the requirements detailed in the
(Paper Submission) on the conference flyer.
All papers should be submitted electronically via the
Online Paper Submission System.
All papers must be presented by one of the authors,
who must pay the registration fees.
Paper Reviewing and Publication
All accepted papers will be published by the IEEE Computer Society,
included in the IEEE-XploreTM and the IEEE Computer Society (CSDL)
digital libraries and arranged for indexing through IEE INSPEC, EI (Compendex),
Thomson ISI, and other indexing services.
Submitted papers will be reviewed. Accepted papers, which should not exceed 6 pages (PDF)
following the double column IEEE format.
All accepted papers will be published in the proceedings of the ISDA'10.
Selected papers will be published in special issues of a selection of International
Journals (to be announced).
- Submission of papers: June 26, 2010
July 31, 2010
- Notification of acceptance: August 14, 2010
September 1, 2010
- Camera-ready manuscript submission: September 15, 2010.
September 20, 2010
- Name of Chairs:
- Giovanna Castellano, Mario Giovanni C.A. Cimino, Francesco Marcelloni, Maria Alessandra Torsello.
- - Department of Computer Science,
University of Bari, v. E. Orabona, 4, 70126, Bari (Italy).
- Department of Information Engineering: Electronics, Informatics, Telecommunications,
University of Pisa, Largo Lucio Lazzarino, 1, 56122 Pisa (Italy).
- +39 080 544 2456, +39 050 221 7678.